Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Not Dead just MIA

I have been a bad, bad blogger and now it is time to see the error of my ways and start again. There are reasons why I haven't felt up to blogging but I won't go into them here. I have been knitting and cross stitching however and have managed to do a lot of things that I am very satisfied with including finishing the backstitching on three UFO'S that had been waiting for some time. But what else has been happening? I will go over the most important ones in chronological order:

1. My friend Linda gave me this wonderful scissor fob, I stole the pictures from her blog because she is a much better at photographing than I am and I want to do it justice. Since I got it I haven't lost my scissors one time and for those that know my that is saying something, so thank you Linda for this amazingly beautiful thing and for being my friend.



2. I became a grandmother for the very first time, this is one of the best feelings that I have ever had and I thank my oldest son and daughter in law for the wonderful gift of making my a granny at the ripe old age of 45. Dagbjört Rós was born on June 21 and is a healthy and of course a beautiful baby girl.


3. I went to Heidelberg and had a great time and one of the highlights of my trip was to meet Holly of Proseknitic.de and spend an afternoon with her talking and knitting. I thank her for the hospitality and her generosity which has added to my stash and hope I will someday be able to repay her in kind if she ever travels my way. The picture is from her blog as my pictures were somehow lost.


4. I went to Akureyri and visited my son and his family and had a great time getting to know my granddaughter and see their new apartment and left feeling certain that they are happy and healthy and are on to a great start with their new role as parents.
I also met my daughter in laws mother and she is a very accomplished knitter and she showed my photos of some amazing stuff she has done and of course I saw the beautiful things she had made for Dagbjört Rós.


5. I went to a stitching weekend with my Icelandic cross stitching group at a summer cottage in the country and had a great time. Since I am not the most outgoing person I was somewhat reluctant to go but thanks to my friend Guðbjörg who was one step ahead of all my excuses for not going so I went. I am very lucky to have such a great friend and she has been a true friend to my this last months and I just want to say that anyone who has a friend like her is a very lucky person indeed.

5. I finished the 52 pair plunge, that is to say I knitted 52 pairs of socks in 6 months, half the alloted time for the challenge. I am very proud of this although most of the socks are very plain and not at all challenging. But it gave me something to focus on and that has been a very good thing. Here is a link to pictures of the 52 pairs.

So now I have dealt with the highlights of what has been going on as far as I can remember anyway and as for what I am doing now is that I am still knitting socks and have started the Shetland Tea Shawl from a Gathering of Lace and it is coming along nicely, pictures will follow soon.
I am also stitching on a Christmas mystery SAL in my Icelandic stitching group Allt í Kross and that is great fun. I have also listened to many great audio books and am currently listening to Curiosity Killed the Cat sitter by Blaze Clement and enjoying that very much.

I joined Ravelry a few weeks back and have a great task ahead of my putting in projects and getting some of my stash cataloged, this is a great community and I only wish that there was on like that for cross stitcher's as well.
But all "good" things come to an end and I think I have covered every thing in this blog up to now and hopefully I will be better at blogging once I started again.

5 comments:

Sonja said...

Jibbi, thu ert komin aftur.

Velkomin i bloggheima, en a ny.

Litla ommubarnid er guddomlegt. Til hamingju med hana.

Sonja said...

Jibbi, thu ert komin aftur.

Velkomin i bloggheima, en a ny.

Litla ommubarnid er guddomlegt. Til hamingju med hana.

Anonymous said...

Gott að sjá þig blogga aftur. Og Dagbjört er bara falleg.

Guðbjörg

Anonymous said...

and she is back. Dagbjört Rós is adorable.

Anonymous said...

Gaman að fá loksins blogg frá þér:)