Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Book meme

I was tagged both by Linda and Sonja so I think it is a sign to do this :-)

1: Hardcover or paperback, and why?

Both, for example craft books that I use a lot I prefer hardcover since they can stand a lot more abuse, but otherwise paperbacks because they are cheaper.

2: If I were to own a book shop, I would call it...


The cabinet of curiosities, where I would stock all kinds of book and have a combo of coffeeshop / knitting and stitching room

3: My favorite quote from a book (mention the title)

I can't remember the exact quote to put in here but it is from the Unbearable lightness of being by Milan Kundera

4: The author (alive or deceased) I would love to have lunch with would be...

Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child (they co author so I put them as one)

5:If I was going to a deserted island and could bring only one book, except for the SAS survival guide, it would be...


The Bible, not because I am a born again Christian or such but it has all kinds of stories and poems in it and would probably last a long time and be an inspiration as well

6: I would love someone to invent a bookish gadget that...

Would clean the house so I could just sit and read or listen to audio books while I stitch or knit.

7: The smell of an old book reminds me of...

Happiness, I am always happy in bookstores and with books

8: If I could be the lead character in a book (mention the title) it would be...

I am not sure

9: The most overestimated book of all times is...

hmm, can't say all books have their merits I think

10: I hate it when a book...

Ends, especially the really good ones.

I tag Hafrún and Ásdís

4 comments:

fleegle said...

Dear StashDiva--

I am glad you enjoyed my grafting tutorial. I hope it comes in handy someday!

Ruth said...

Ah, books are great aren't they. Thanks for the inspiration blog -- I do love your stitching.

fleegle said...

I confess to being a chicken and don't do the dye thing myself, I know how but it's just too much work.

And you have a spinning wheel! Good grief!

I'd love to have dinner with Preston and Childs too. But I think I would go for Somerset Maugham if I had a choice.

Anonymous said...

Gleðileg jól kæra vinkona og takk fyrir skemmtilegar samveru- og saumastundir á liðnu ári. Vonandi verða þær enn fleir á nýja árinu.