Thursday, January 3, 2008

A new year and a new post

Happy new year to all my friends near and far and I hope that 2008 will be a good one for all of you.
I have been busy knitting and getting my craft room under control and uploading some of my stash into Ravelry. That task is far from done but I have high hopes to finish it before spring :-)
I finished the Mystic Waters shawl today and it was a pleasure to knit, I knit it in Creme Brulee from the Yarn Chef on Etsy and it was amazing to knit with and came out even prettier than I excpected.
I am on the last clue in the Mystery Shawl #6 from Goddess Knits and it is a very simple and elegant pattern, I choose to make that in Icelandic yarn called Kambgarn and it is a fairly heavy shawl but will be warm.
When I am done with that shawl I will try to spend a little time organizing my future knitting and the KALs and Mysteries that I am participating in.
Everything that requires needles below 3.5 mm or there about is out for now because my hands can't handle any smaller except for my sock needles that I have bent into shape to suite my hands and don't hurt me at all, at least if I don't go overboard on sock knitting.
I have made a few new years resulutions regarding my knitting and stitching and hope to stick to at least some of them, so I didn't make them to hard to do :-) So here goes:
  • Don't buy yarn unless I have to, to finish a project or something like that
  • Don't buy any cross stitch materials the only exception being the series from SamSarah and Lizzy Kate that have monthly installments.
  • List my stash on Ravelry and get rid of yarn that I don't want any more. To be able to do this I bought a McMorran scale to be able to estimate the yardage on yarn that has no information about yardage and such on it. This will help me shop my stash as I will know if I have enough for a project or not.
  • Finish all my mystery knitting and Knit A Longs that I am participating in as far as I am able to.

For January I made a seperate list with smaller goals sort of sub goals
  • Put at least a one box worth of stash on Ravelry from the Ikea storage boxes that I have, I thought that I had only 14 but I counted them and *blush* they turned out to be 18, and I won't start any project with yarn that has not been put into my stash on Ravelry.
  • Start the Spring Shawl Surprice, I have the yarn ready to go on that one and the first clue is out.
  • Start the Secret of the Stole #2 that will start later this month and I am also all set with yarn and needles for that one.
  • Start the January Knit A Long on the Victorian Lace To Day group on Yahoo and its sister group on Ravelry. I am not quite sure what pattern I choose but I have yarn for all four of the patterns that we can choose from
  • Knit a sock in January with my sock a month group on Ravelry, and also use that as the project for the Socks from Stash club KAL on Blogspot.
  • Start the Dem fischer sin fru mystery KAL, I have the yarn ready and I am all set to start later this month.
  • Start the Civil War shawl KAL
  • Start the Pretty as a Peacock KAL that is starting now, I have specially dyed yarn from the Yarn Chef and it is just waiting to be started. I am also on the KAL blog for this shawl so I will post there as well.
  • Find yarn and pattern for an Aran Sweater for my brother and maby start on that a little if I find anything he likes.
  • Start the Peacock Feathers shawl from Fiddlestick that has a KAL going on Ravelry
Note that I only said start those things, nothing about keeping up even tho the end goal is to finish along the same time as everybody else or as close to as possible.

Hopefully when the weather gets warmer my hands will allow me to start both the Princess shawl and the Lyra by Niebling, but until then the yarn and the needles for that will have to wait.
Well I will keep you posted on how this goes as far as the goals I have set but I have as always high hopes and there is all of January left so I am optimistic.

7 comments:

Sonja said...

I love that you have your sock needles 'bent into shape' lol

Welcome back. I hope the new year will bring us a lot more blog posts from you.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year sweetheart. It is so nice to see a new post from you. I hope there will be many more in the new year!

Anonymous said...

jibbý nýtt blogg ... ég kíki nú alltaf reglulega í von um að það sé nýtt blogg. Voðalega er Dagbjört Rós mikið krútt.

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol online cod overnight tramadol online pharmacy overnight - best place buy tramadol forum

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.freewebs.com/paxilonline]paxil 40
[/url]paroxetine metabolism
cost paxil canada
tips for getting off paxil
paroxetine anxiety
paroxetine dosage

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.microgiving.com/profile/ribavirin]virazole 200 mg online
[/url] virazole
buy virazole
ribavirin 100 mg online

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.microgiving.com/profile/ribavirin]purchase virazole
[/url] rebetol buy
purchase ribavirin online
buy virazole online