Thursday, April 5, 2007

52 pair plunge, socks # 3



These are top down, 64 stitches on 2.25 mm needles, k2p2 rib for 30 rows, knit 50 rows, short row heel and then knit 70 rows and start decreasing for the toe.
I have also on the needles, socks from Knitting vintage socks in a lace pattern and I am half way done with a pair of red plain socks for Hulda in Baby Camel yarn. I will probably finish those today and then the lace socks.
On the Cross stitching front nothing much is happening, but I went to Linda last night and she found the mistake I had made in the Angel of Healing so now I have no excuse not to stitch on that.
But wait I have an excuse my hands are looking like I have just murdered someone. This is the fault of the Baby Camel yarn that will get a good socking in Vinegar when they are done because the yarn bleeds allover the place.
So the lesson learned from this is, never knit with bleeding yarn if you want to cross stitch something delicate as I will probably have blood red hands for days.

2 comments:

Sonja said...

That's a nice colorway. This yarn would look good as Jaywalkers. What is it?

StashDiva said...

This is Regia self striping yarn, I am planning to use some of the same for the Jaywalkers I think or some Trekking yarn that creates bigger stripes.