Sunday, March 9, 2008

Finally....

I have green thumb's, courtesy of the sock yarn I am currently knitting. I wonder if this will make my two remaining plants feel better since I usually possess what can only be described as the "black fingers of death" when it comes to them.

This yarn is a commercially dyed sockyarn that is designed to stripe in alternate colors of greens, blues and yellow and they must use some heavy duty dyes since I can't get it off my hands with anything. I think I will just keep on knitting until I finish the pair since I don't want this to rub of onto my other knitting.

On the never ending stash logging into Ravelry front, I am pleased to say that I only have two more boxes to go. Along the way I have discovered some really strange yarn in my stash and this is a fine example

I have been wondering what sort of drugs the designer was on when he made it, but hey they must have been pretty good :-)
I am not kidding when I say that the colors and texture of this yarn has lead my to the conclusion that somewhere there was a huge stockpile of psychedelic 70' shag carpets and someone had the great idea to cut it into tiny strings and market it as novelty yarn.

Edited for obvious reasons:
After realizing that the yarn above could put my sanity into question since I bought it, I can only say in my defence that it was in a online sale that just said xx$ for xx amount of yarn on cones.

3 comments:

Sonja said...

Thanks for the explanation. :)

Anonymous said...

Ég ætlaði einmitt að segja en þín geðheilsa þú keyptir það. Þú bjargaðir þér rétt fyrir hornið núna...

fleegle said...

I would be speechless, but I have something just has horrible in my stash. I think there are 12 balls of bright yellow chenille with gold fluffer things woven in. Check my Ravelry stash--it's on the, um, for sale page.

On balance, though, I think you win.